Sunday, November 23, 2008

Snow Day


We woke up to find a white blanket covering the ground, trees and cars. Our sleeping beds/couches are getting a little old. We are really looking forward to sleeping in our own beds. After we had worship services, and by the way Ken Weliever is an excellent preacher, he has had a three part sermon on Psalm 23 (This has been very uplifting for me.) Jacob, Grandma and I went outside to see what the snow covered. There is a park about a half a block away. The snow looked to be between 1-2 inches. Jacob had a good time playing and throwing snowballs at Mom. Grandma lasted about 30 minutes and then said she was freezing and wanted to go back to the apartment. So she went back and Jacob and I stayed to play. Jacob finally had enough after over an hour so we went back to thaw out. In Jacob's case it was to remove all wet clothing.

We have added more pictures from today.

We are anxiously awaiting for tomorrow's apointment. I know the Lord has blessed us so much so far and I pray that we have the clarity and wisdom we will need in tomorrow's appointment to chose the right child for our family. We would not be able to get through all of this if it weren't for your support and prayers. Thank you so much our brothers and sisters in Christ. We love and miss you.

1 comment:

Larry and Shannon said...

I am really enjoying reading about all of your adventures! I don't think I could live up to the fashion standards with the high-heeled boots. Sounds like you are becoming well seasoned at traveling, bargaining, and shopping. I got a good laugh out of the fact that you packed duct tape! I would have never thought of that. :-) I know you are anxious to finally find a child to bring home and we are mindful of you in our prayers. Warm wishes from Georgia!
Love,
Shannon and Larry