Friday, November 14, 2008

Relaxing Friday



Here we are taking in a few sights in the main part of Kiev. The square is called Independence Square. The architechture is very interesting. As you can see they have very visable McDonalds. We slept in today, which was nice since we are still trying to get use to the time change. We went to a coffee shop, which had very good teas, coffees, deserts as well as main course items. We had coffee and desert. Richard got a wireless internet card the computer and then we took some pictures. Jacob has been feeling homesick, so today was his day. We played all the games he wanted, watched a movie and had a tickle fight.


Irnia called this evening let us know the approval document to visit the girl has come through. She is now trying to find the best was to get us to the orphange. There is a lot going on in Kharkiv this weekend and the hotels are booked up. She is trying to find us an apartment to rent. We will probably be taking a car instead of the train on Monday. We will find out tomorrow what the plans are. Thank for all of your support and comments.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Hi Richard and Aimee, I’m praying about your desire to adopt a baby and that all will go well with your adoption. What you are trying to do is a wonderful thing and I pray that God will bless your efforts.

Love always and forever,
Your sister in Christ,
Theresa.

P.S.
Toby and the fish are doing great.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Danny, Garrett, Claire, and I just got home from DisneyWorld tonight, and I just got through reading your blog! I am so excited for you all. Glad to see you made it safely, and things are moving along. You will all be in our prayers for guidance, safety, and peace of mind in all your decisions. I look forward to following your journey through your blog. :) Take care, and know our prayers are with you!!!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Richard and Aimee! I just wanted you to know that we are all praying and rooting for you here at home! Reading your blog has been a hoot, ya'll are so funny! (The bed! Brian and I are the same way!) I can't wait until you come home. Miss you and love you!
Jaime Smith & Co.

DeenaTeena said...

Hi guys!! I'm so excited for you tomorrow you get to go to the orphanage. I hope that everything goes well when you meet her. I'm so excited as well. Everything looks a lot bigger than I thought it would from your pictures. Well I will talk to you later!
Love you!
Deena

Larry and Shannon said...

I loved reading your update. Our prayers will be with you as you travel to the orphanage to meet the little girl you are considering. We look forward to the next update.
Love,
Shannon

Sherridon said...

thanks so much for keeping us posted. You are in our prayers daily! All of us miss you LOTS!

Love,
Sherridon and the Dobbs Squad